Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Interview with Rhonda Print author of Nightwalker




I’m curious about the book you’d like to promote today.  How did you come up with the title and where can we find it?

First, thank you so much for chatting with me today!

The title for Nightwalker, A Leah Wolfe SINS Novel came from my husband. He suffers from Restless Leg Syndrome and if very often awake and walking during the night. Hence, Nightwalker.

How old were you when you wrote your first story. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?

I have wanted to be a writer for what seems like forever! I started to write a book when my children were small but it got accidentally deleted, life happened and I didn’t get back to writing until now.

How many books have you written? How many have been published?

I have completed two book. One is currently published. I am also working on a third now.

One of my favorite days was when I got my cover art. Who did the cover art for the book were talking about today and what was your first response when you saw it?

The very talented April Martinez did the cover for Nightwalker. I’ve had tons of compliments on it and it was in the final three for the Imperial Artisan Cover Awards.

If someone has never read any of your previous works which one would you recommend they read first and why?

Nightwalker is the first book in the series, however, each book is being written so that that it stands on it’s own. A reader will not have to read book one to understand book two, etc.

What is the easiest and hardest thing about writing?

Finding time is the hardest! My characters talk to me, incessantly, so that makes writing easy. Most days, I’m just the fingers at the keyboard and they’re running the show.

Tell me about where you write. Do you have a home office, curl up on the couch or have somewhere else that’s a favorite place to write?

I have an office in the front room of my house. I work on a laptop and use a desktop for research. All I need is my laptop and a cup (or pot) of coffee and I’m good to go!


How long does it usually take you to write a book?

Depends greatly. My first book took about 7 months to complete.

Do you set timelines when you’re writing or write when the feeling hits you?

I try to write everyday.

Do you use any of your friends or family members’ names or personalities in your stories?

My characters are a mish-mash of everyone I see or hear, but no, I do not use family or friends names or personalities.

If your mom was to read one of your books what would her response be?

I think my mom would have loved my writing. She was a huge fan of romance novels. Sadly, she passed away before I ever wrote my first one.

What are you working on now? How many books will you complete this year?

As of today, I just finished the second book in the Leah Wolfe SINS Novel, tentatively titled, The Order of Chaos. I am also working on a romance that is not in the series and plan to start the third in the series soon.

Beyond this year, what are your future goals as an author?

I’d love to see my work in print. Right now Nightwalker is sold as an e-book at my publisher -  

I received many 4 and 5 star awards and plan on taking this as far as it can go!

What advice would you give an aspiring author?

Write what you love! Have fun with and never, ever, let anyone tell you that you cannot do it!

Have you ever found your self blushing when you write?

Yes, actually, I have.

In your opinion, what makes the difference between a good book and a great book?

If I can dive into the characters and setting and feel like I’m part of the book, it’s a great book!


One last question since your book is paranormal in genre. Edward or Jacob?

I love this question! J  There’s actually a bit of contention in my house over this. My daughter is a Jacob fan. Me, definitely Edward. Of course Jasper and Emmett aren’t bad either!


Thanks for spending your time with me today. Where can readers find you on the web? Do you twitter?

I love hearing from my readers. They can drop me note at my web page - www.RhondaLPrint.com

Or check out my blog at www.RhondaPrint.blogspot.com

Happy Reading! 



Thanks to Rhonda for taking the time to answer my questions. Keep an eye out for the next  book by this talented author in the near future.

2 comments:

Rhonda Print said...

Thanks for having me on your blog today Sherri!

Sherri Desbois said...

Your more than welcome. I'm looking forward to Order of Chaos. Oh and I'm team Edward all the way :)