Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Madness!!

WOW!! Talk about a crazy week. I'm not sure what I expected to happen after the release of my first novel!! It's been extremely exciting and exhausting all at the same time. I appreciate all the well wishes and words of encouragement.

I've also learned a lot about promoting and getting your name out there. I have a new respect for new authors. They can't just sit down, write their stories and than sit back and wait for the checks and the praises. It just isn't realistic. I mean if no one knows who you are why would they want to buy your book?
Probably one of the best things through all of this though has been the great people I have met and I'm in awe of how supportive everyone is. This has been a dream come true and for anyone who is dreaming of writing and publishing a novel I leave you with these words by Walt Disney....
"All dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." It's so true, I'm living mine!

No comments: